Sunlighten infrared saunas are an effective tool for natural healing and prevention. Infrared light has the ability to penetrate human tissue which in turn produces a host of anti-aging health benefits making infrared saunas one of the “hottest” home therapies for overall healthier living. If you want to get yourself back into balance, a Sunlighten infrared sauna may be the ticket to achieving your wellness goals.
What is Infrared?
Infrared wavelengths are the invisible part of the sun’s spectrum consisting of near (NIR), mid (MIR) and far (FIR) rays. These rays have the ability to penetrate human tissue. This characteristic makes infrared beneficial because it heats the body directly at the core rather than simply warming the air resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where the majority of toxins reside.
Infrared heat is completely safe and healthy for all living things. You can be exposed to infrared light for hours without the risk of burning. Infrared is a naturally occurring output of the sun, but does not contain the harmful UV rays associated with unprotected sunlight. In fact, infrared’s gentle heat is used in hospitals to warm newborn infants.
Sunlighten Infrared Light and Your Body
Because infrared sauna therapy heats the body directly rather than simply warming the air, it raises the core body temperature and produces a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where most toxins reside. In addition, far infrared saunas aid in blood pressure reduction & weight loss, burning up to 600 calories in one session! Sunlighten’s far infrared technology, Solocarbon®, is the only infrared sauna heater on the market clinically shown to raise core temperature nearly 3 degrees. What does this mean for your health? You will experience the most detoxifying sweat, lower systolic and diastolic blood pressure and aid in weight loss through waistline reduction.The most advanced infrared therapy available is Solocarbon 3-in-1 infrared treatments. The infrared spectrum consists of near (NIR), mid (MIR), and far (FIR) waves, each with distinct characteristics and health benefits. Sunlighten offers all three peak wavelengths for the maximum therapeutic results.
- Detox: Sweating is the body’s safe and natural way to heal & stay healthy. Far infrared sauna use causes a rise in core temperature resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where toxins reside.
- Lower Blood Pressure: Infrared saunas induce a deep sweat to make the heart pump faster, which in turn increases blood flow, lowers blood pressure and helps circulation. Only Sunlighten saunas are backed by clinical research that shows a reduction in systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Both are key factors in maintaining a healthy heart.
- Anti-Aging: Near infrared saunas provide the most effective wavelength for healing the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin, stimulating collagen production to reduce wrinkles and improve overall skin tone.
- Cell Health: Near infrared sauna therapy stimulates the circulatory system and more fully oxygenate the body’s cells. Better blood circulation means more toxins flow from the cellular level to the skin’s surface to improve cell health, aid in muscle recovery and strengthen the immune system.
- Weight Loss: Studies have shown that a far infrared sauna therapy session can burn upwards of 600 calories while you relax! As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, causing the body to burn more calories. In fact, a 2009 study showed Sunlighten far infrared therapy to lower weight and waist circumference in just a three-month period.
- Relieve Pain: Infrared heat penetrates tissue, joints, and muscles to relieve anything from minor aches and pains to chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia, and speeds up recovery time. A 2013 study conducted at the Auburn University at Montgomery showed that Sunlighten 3-in-1 treatments can increase flexibility up to 3x.
- Improve Circulation: Sunlighten sauna treatments are like giving your body a passive cardiovascular workout. Heating the muscles with infrared rays produces an increase in blood flow similar to that seen during exercise. Regular infrared sauna use can significantly stimulate blood flow up to twice the normal rate.
- Heal Wounds: Near infrared therapy greatly enhances the skin’s healing process by promoting faster cell regeneration and human tissue growth.
Infrared Sauna Pricing
- 60 minute individual session (45 minute run-time of sauna): $50
- 60 minute sessions (5 pack): $237.50 (5% off)
- 60 minute sessions (10 pack): $450 (10% off)
- 45 minute individual session (30 minute run-time of sauna): $35
- 45 minute sessions (5 pack): $166.25 (5% off)
- 45 minute sessions (10 pack): $315 (10% off)
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What do I wear?
To enable infrared to penetrate tissues as deep as possible, we recommend wearing as little as possible. A bamboo carbon body wrap, cotton towel, gym shorts or swimsuit are perfect options.
2. How often should I use the sauna?
One session will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. But similar to exercise, the more you do it, the better the results. Recommended use is 3-4 times per week for 30-40 minutes.
Sweat levels differentiate between each individual. Don’t be surprised if you don’t sweat during the first few sessions. Sweating will increase with regular use. Even if your body is not drenched in sweat, your body is still detoxifying from harmful toxins. Also, be sure to drink plenty of water before your session. If you are dehydrated, you will not sweat as much. If you are hydrated properly and want a sweat boost, try our Pure Sweat amplifying cream. Pure Sweat can triple your sweat and increase circulation.
4. Do I need a Doctor’s note?
No, if you have health concerns we recommend speaking with your doctor before your sauna session.
5. Is the Infrared coming from lights?
No, infrared heaters are located on the floor, front, back and side wall panels.
6. Are there any studies on infrared therapy?
There are various studies on the use of infrared for a multitude of health benefits. Specifically, Sunlighten infrared saunas have been shown to increase core temperature for detoxification, lower blood pressure, relieve pain and aid in weight loss. These studies can be found on www.sunlighten.com.
7. Are children allowed to use the sauna?
The core body temperature of children rises much faster than adults. When taking a sauna session with a child, operate at a lower temperature and for no more than 15 minutes at a time. A general rule of thumb is 1 minute inside your sauna per year of age for the child, but always accompanied by an adult. And remember to keep you and your children hydrated, even if you don’t see them sweating.
8. Is it ok to use the sauna while breastfeeding?
Please consult with your physician, as this answer is usually yes, but may be depending upon your specific circumstances.
9. Can I sauna while pregnant?
Even though infrared is completely safe, it is not recommended to use while pregnant. While pregnant, the core body temperature is already elevated and you could overheat.
See chart below